Prebiotic Paleo Waffles
This 'ISH is bananaS...
B A N A N A S
Green Banana Prebiotic Waffles
with Raspberry Sauce
Prep: 10 mins
Cooking: 10 mins
Macros per serving:
P: 2 C: 45 F: 3
Goods To Get
- 1/2 cup green banana flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1/4 a cup mashed banana ( 1 Egg if you've reintroduced them after the Gut Refresh)
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 cup fresh raspberries
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tbsp stevia
#GUTHACK : If you want to up your protein add in some collagen peptides!! This also helps your gut get a little extra love.
Preheat your waffle iron, this one is my favorite!
In a large bowl combine the prebiotic green banana flour, baking soda and salt
Then add the coconut or almond milk, mashed banana (1 egg), coconut oil and pure maple syrup. Blend it up.
Grease your waffle iron (unless it's non stick), pour in the batter and cook, remove when done (cook time will depend on your waffle iron)
To prepare the raspberry sauce combine the raspberries, lemon juice and stevia in a saucepan over medium heat stirring and smashing until it begins to boil and becomes a thick sauce.
Serve waffles with raspberry sauce and any other toppings your heart desires on the approved list. I love almond butter!
Green Banana Flour
If you've done my Gut Refresh Program. You are well aware that green bananas are the ish when it comes to gut issues. They're full of prebiotic fiber to feed all your little love bugs & they're low FODMAP making them A OK for the REPLACE phase on the Gut Refresh.
Here's why you should add it into your diet stat!
- Prebiotics: When your probiotics devour the resistant starch in green bananas they produce a short-chain fatty acid called butyrate. Butyrate is useful for the cells that line the colon because it keeps them healthy, even helping fight off cancerous cells!
- Low Glycemic: Green Banana Flour is low glycemic which makes it pretty great for those watching their weight. It has even been shown to help with metabolic syndrome.
- Insulin: Got insulin issues? The Butyrate that is produced has been shown to prevent and treat diet-induced insulin resistance.
- Gluten Free: It make not seem like a product perk but finding a cooking flour that is good for the gut and gluten free is a blessing from above.
Fiber up your morning smoothie, add it to your coconut milk yogurt or thicken up your bone broth based soups with its prebiotic goodness!
*Everything in PINK is a LINK. Thank you for supporting my content by purchasing your gut goodies through my pink links. Xo